Share/Save my site

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nelly Furtado | Hello! Magazine (UK, 2012)


Back On Track Nelly Furtado Reveals Why She’s Happy To Return To The Spotlight After A Six-year Break
“I got burnt out; I couldn’t handle it. People dream about being famous and imagine what it would like – driving around in limos, meeting all these stars - but it was never my dream.”

“When I sing these new songs I feel incredibly natural,” she says. “I was able to channel my 14-year-old self, when you haven’t suffered any knocks, where you’re hanging out with your friends. This album is all about that spirit.”

“Nevis can share the experience of what I do, as she is really musical. She’s a natural songwriter; she plays the violin and piano,” Nelly adds proudly. “She travels with me, but usually she goes to school and has a normal existence. I’m not sure yet if I have to educate her in a different way, perhaps home schooling. We are taking it day by day. Travelling is part of her DNA, so she’s very familiar with the tour bus.”

“I do dance, pilates and basketball. But I would never want to do it just so I look good on a photoshoot. I have done that before, when I first started in this business – it’s incredibly hard for a young person, as the camera adds five pounds.”

“You look different in the photo to how you think you look and I did get paranoid, but not anymore. I just live and do my thing. If I do a shoot now, I never look at it. I’m not in it for the fame, really.”

“It’s taken six years from the last album until now; it’s taken a lot of work and self-reflection. I’ve had to pursue projects I’m passionate about to find the meaning of things.”

“No one is going to like you all the time. There is not human being that ever lived that everybody loved. Why chase the impossible dream? So, yes, it took a while for me to ger there. But right now I feel grounded.”

0 Comments:

Twitter Facebook Digg Favorites More